Hello! I’m Teacher Johnni, and I enjoy teaching English classes to children and adults. I love teaching online! I get to work with students from all over the world, and the one-on-one, personal attention that I can give to my students creates the very best learning environment.
Here’s a little about me: I live near Chicago, Illinois, in the USA with my husband, our four children, and exchange students. I love hosting students from other countries in my home. We have had students from Finland, France, and Japan. It’s so much fun to learn about other cultures! In my spare time, I love to spend time with family, travel, play games, and read books.
I also have a YouTube channel with my name, Johnni Zabka, where you can learn more English fluency tips for Intermediate to Advanced learners.
- B.S. Degree in Education, Eastern Illinois University
- Current Teaching License, State of Illinois, USA
- TESOL Certification
- TEFL Certification
- ESL Teacher with VIPKID 2+ years
- 20+ years of teaching, coaching, directing, and programming experience with and for children
Currently, all classes are English classes, 25 minutes in length. If you would like more time, please sign up for additional back-to-back time slots.
- Blue Sky Education Curriculum
- Journeys from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Flip the Classroom Curriculum
- Reach Higher by National Geographic
- Book Studies: Your choice based on student level
- Adult Speaking
- 1 class = $22
- 10 classes = $220
- 25 Classes = $522.50 (5% discount per class)
- 50 Classes = $990 (10% discount per class)
I believe it’s important to share my expectations up front to avoid confusion or miscommunication. However, I’m always available to speak with parents if they have questions.
- Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
- Communication: Please send a message through the Blue Sky website to Teacher Johnni if your child cannot come to class within 12 hours of our class time. We can reschedule for another day and time with no financial penalty.
- Student No-Show: If your child does not come to his or her class as scheduled, you will forfeit that class. Exceptions can be made for emergencies. Please communicate with Teacher Johnni as soon as you are able and we will work together to reschedule.
- Late Students: Teacher Johnni will stay in our classroom for the first 10 minutes of the class. If your student is not in the classroom at 10 minutes, Teacher Johnni will leave the classroom. The class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Teacher Rescheduling: If Teacher Johnni is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Johnni will make every effort to communicate with you ahead of our scheduled class.
- IT issues: If we experience technical difficulties that keep us from having class, we will reschedule your course. If we experience ongoing technical issues over several classes, we will work together to solve the problem to ensure your student has the best classroom experience possible!
- 迟到的学生：约翰尼老师将在课程的前 10 分钟留在我们的教室。如果您的学生在 10 分钟后不在教室，Johnni 老师将离开教室。课程将不予退款或改期。
- 教师重新安排：如果 Johnni 老师生病或有家庭紧急情况，您的课程将被重新安排。约翰尼老师会在我们预定的课程之前尽一切努力与您沟通。
- IT 问题：如果我们遇到使我们无法上课的技术问题，我们将重新安排您的课程。如果我们在几节课中遇到持续的技术问题，我们将共同努力解决问题，以确保您的学生获得最佳的课堂体验！