Hello! I’m Teacher Katie, and I teach English (ESOL), reading/writing, music, and life skills classes with Blue Sky Education. I love teaching online! I get to work with students from all over the world and the one-on-one, personal attention that I can give to my students creates the very best learning environment.
Here’s a little about me: I live near Cincinnati, Ohio with my husband, our five (yes, FIVE!) children, and our dog. In my spare time, I love to spend time with family, read, play games, and participate in obstacle course races.
Blue Sky Education’s ESL curriculum
Reading Tutoring using Journeys from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (ESL or Native Speaker)
Writing Class (Native Speaker)
Writing Class (ESL)
Introduction to Cooking for Kids!
Introduction to Music!
All classes are 25 minutes in length.
- 5 Classes=$100
- 10 Classes=$190
- 20 Classes=$360
- 30 Classes=$510
I believe it’s important to share my expectations up front to avoid confusion or miscommunication. However, I’m always available to speak with parents if they have questions.
- Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
- Communication: Please send a message through the Blue Sky website to Teacher Katie if your child cannot come to class within 2 hours of our class time. We can reschedule for another day and time with no financial penalty.
- Student No-Show: If your child does not come to his or her class as scheduled, you will forfeit that class. Exceptions can be made for emergencies. Please communicate with Teacher Katie as soon as you are able and we will work together to reschedule.
- Late Students: Teacher Katie will stay in our classroom for the first 10 minutes of the class. If your student is not in the classroom at 10 minutes, Teacher Katie will leave the classroom. The class will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Teacher Rescheduling: If Teacher Katie is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Katie will make every effort to communicate with you ahead of our scheduled class.
- IT issues: If we experience technical difficulties that keep us from having class, we will reschedule your course. If we experience ongoing technical issues over several classes, we will work together to solve the problem to ensure your student has the best classroom experience possible!