I'm Teacher Kristin GB
Hello! My name is Kristin. I live in southern Colorado on a small ranch with my husband and three children where we enjoy animals, gardening, and self sufficiency in a very challenging climate.
Prior to having children and focusing on their education, I was a licensed Science and Health Teacher in Oregon. To obtain licensure, I earned a Masters of Arts in Teaching degree from Western Oregon University in Middle and Secondary Education.
With my formal training focusing in health and science, most my classes are in these content areas. Additionally, I tutor those learning English as another language using the Blue Sky Education and/or Journey's Curriculum. I also offer a variety of Home Economic and Homesteading courses. My goal is to instill a desire to learn with lessons that are meaningful and enjoyable. I remember sitting in a desk in front of a whiteboard, bored out of my mind, thinking, “There is no way I will EVER need to know this!” Yet, when I became an adult, I quickly realized, that yes, I did need to know most of the information I was taught. I have needed to go back and relearn much of what I previously ignored as useless information. When you can apply information to your life it becomes meaningful. I like lessons to focus on application: how can I use this knowledge in MY life; why do I need to know this? I am so excited to meet your child and help them apply the knowledge they're acquiring to their life!
- 1-on-1 English Tutoring – ESOL: $22, Packages Available
- Live Small Group Speciality Classes – $22/group
- At Your Pace Speciality Classes – Varies
1. Adhere to all Blue Sky Education Policies.
2. Communication: Use the Blue Sky website to communicate with Teacher Kristin. Please notify Teacher Kristin when your child cannot attend class and you need to reschedule at least 12hrs in advance. There is no financial penalty for rescheduling.
3. Tardy or Absent Students: Teacher Kristin will stay in the classroom for 10 minutes after the scheduled start time. If your child does not attend class as scheduled, the class is forfeited. Exceptions made for emergency situations. Please contact Teacher Kristin.
4. Teacher Rescheduling: In the event that Teacher Kristin is sick or has a family emergency, your class will be rescheduled. Teacher Kristin will make every effort to communicate 12hrs in advance should this occur.
5. IT Issues: Occasional technical difficulties are expected and may cause a class to be rescheduled. In the event of ongoing technical difficulties, we will work together to solve the problem, ensuring your child has the best classroom experience possible.
2. 沟通。 使用蓝天网站与克里斯汀老师沟通。 当你的孩子不能上课时，请至少提前12小时通知克里斯汀老师，你需要重新安排。 重新安排时间不会有任何经济损失。
3. 迟到或缺席的学生。 Kristin老师会在预定的上课时间后在教室里呆10分钟。 如果你的孩子没有按计划上课，那么这节课将被取消。 紧急情况下的例外情况。 请联系Kristin老师。
4. 教师重新安排。 如果Kristin老师生病或有家庭紧急情况，你的课程将被重新安排。 如果发生这种情况，Kristin老师会尽一切努力提前12小时通知。
5. 信息技术问题。 偶尔的技术困难是可以预见的，并可能导致课程重新安排。 如果出现持续的技术困难，我们将共同解决这个问题，确保你的孩子有最好的课堂体验。